Pool Operator Course
Minimum age 16 years old
Course is designed to provide the knowledge necessary to safely and efficiently manage and operate swimming pools and spas.
- State regulations governing operation of public and semi-public pools
- The pool operator’s responsibility for protection of the patrons’ health
- Calculation of swimming pool volume, filter surface area, and flow rate
- Filtration and circulation
- Pool water testing, sanitation chemistry, and water balance
- Heaters and hot water chemistry
- Management of aquatic facilities
- Pool operational problems and chemical adjustments
- Care of seasonal pools
- Disease and accident prevention, including safety in the workplace.
- Certification Requirements:
- Pass a written examination with a grade of 80 percent or better.
Certified Pool Operator Certification- 3 years