Find and Register for Training
What Class Should I Take?
- Full Lifeguard Training course
- Keep your certification up-to-date by retaking the full Lifeguard Training course before your certification expires
- Want to teach other guards and earn extra pay? Complete the Lifeguard Instructor Course
- Complete the Pool Operator Course if you want to earn your Certified Pool Operator certification, or improve upon your pool operation and maintenance skills
Training may vary by location and job requirements. Classes may not be available year-round. Some classes may be offered more frequently than others.
Before beginning in-person training sessions, you should be able to meet the following prerequisites:
- Must be 15 years or older on or before the final scheduled session.
- Swim 100 yards. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke, or a combination of both. Backstroke and sidestroke are not allowed. Swim googles may be used.
- Tread water for one minute using only the legs.
- Exit the pool without using a ladder.
- Brick Retrieval: Feet-First surface dive to retrieve a 10-pound brick from the deepest depth of the training facility.
About Our Training
We have teamed up with Ellis & Associates to offer a wide range of aquatics-related training.
Ellis & Associates is the industry leader when it comes to aquatic safety. With a reputation as the No. 1 provider of innovative, cutting-edge training since it’s introduction in 1983, E&A’s International Lifeguard Training Program™ (ILTP®) is recognized around the world as the premiere lifeguard training program available, and; when it comes to aquatic safety, one thing matters most-The quality of your lifeguard training program.
The ILTP® is an objective-driven program that produces lifeguards that perform at a higher level than those of other national/international training agencies. Its unique, comprehensive training program includes:
- Health Care Provider level CPR (one- and two-person CPR, AR, Foreign Body Airway Obstruction, and AED training)
- Emergency Oxygen Administration training
- First Aid
- The latest rescue techniques.
Lifeguard candidates must successfully pass written and practical (“hands-on”) tests in order to receive an ILTP® Course Completion Certificate that can be used to gain employment at any aquatic facility in the world. Adequate instruction time is provided for students to meet the training objectives and achieve “test ready” competency.
Training Class List
Below is a comprehensive list of all our training classes. To register for training, choose your preferred state from our list of locations, or search for a class using the list below.